Cairo Water Week is participating in IBM Code and Response Hackathon
Dr. Ayman El Sayed Ibrahim, Head of Monitoring, Communication, Information and Assets Sector, participated in the “IBM Code and Response: Cairo hackathon”, as a representative of the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation and the Organizing Committee of Cairo Water Week 2019. The Hackathon is organized by IBM and gathers the startup, academic, Software developers, coders, software applications designers and implementers to create practical, effective and high quality applications that attack and solve the most pressing social problems, which feature immediate and lasting impact on humanitarian issues, based on cloud computing, big data and artificial intelligence.
Dr. Ayman joined the panel discussion on “The Future of Code in Egypt” and gave a presentation on the challenges that face water resources management in Egypt and the National Water Resources Plan 2017 – 2037. He presented the importance of using information systems, technologies and software applications and coding to face the water resources management challenges through different solutions that would be proposed by developers and participants of the hackathon.
Cairo Water Week will be involved during the coming two days of the Hackathon as a part of the evaluation and judgment committee.
- H.E. Mr. Maciej POPOWSKI Message
- H.E. Mr. Felix Reinders Message
- H.E. Mr. Loïc Fauchon Message
- CWW2020 OPENING SPEECH – Speech of Dr. Mohamed Abdel-Aty Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation
- CWW2020 OPENING SPEECH – Speech of Mr. Loïc Fauchon President of the World Water Council
- CWW2020 Final Announcement
- The Best Graduation Project Competition submission deadline extended to 10 Sep 2020.
- The Three-Minute Thesis Competition deadline extended
- CWW2020 will be a Semi-virtual
- The Best Graduation Project Competition submission deadline extended to 1 Sep 2020.