The scientific committee of Cairo Water Week welcomes abstracts from experts and researchers who wish to present their work in the technical sessions during October 14-18, 2018.
Guidelines for Title and Abstract
- English is the only language of the technical sessions.
- Fees are waived for participants with accepted abstracts.
- Title should be concise and to the point reflecting the contents of the abstract (10 words maximum).
- Abstract should include a brief description of the problem, the solution, and conclusions (250-300 words), Do not cite references in the abstract.
- Author(s) should Select the theme closest to his/their contribution.
- Abstract should be one paragraph, single spaced, ragged text, Times New Roman 12 pt, 2.5 cm left and right margins.
- Main author should provide a recent photograph along with a three-line biography.
- Abstracts cannot be changed or withdrawn after June 29, 2018.
- Presenter must confirm and register after receiving the acceptance notification and before July 29, 2018.
Abstracts must be received via email (email@example.com) in pdf format containing clear text, tables, charts, images, etc. for the review process.
Guidelines for Oral and Poster presentations
- For PowerPoint presentation, the following should be noticed:
- Maximum time allowed is 15 min
- Maximum no of slides 25
- For slides with text use 6×6 rule (six lines x six words)
- Graphical illustrations should be readable
- For Poster Presentation, the following should be noticed:
- Poster size is A0 (841×1189 mm)
- The poster is printed in portrait, not landscape format
- Print of title, authors, and affiliations is 3 cm, 2 cm, and 1 cm tall, respectively
- Poster contains contact information of the main author
- All materials on the poster should be easily readable from more than 1 m away
The three-point checklist for Abstracts:
- Make sure the title reflects the contents below
- Make sure you agree to Theme allocation after reading the abstract
- Make sure the above rules are followed, if not; write simple comments to improve.
22 June 2018
Abstract submission deadline
29 June 2018
10 August 2018
Authors confirmation and registration forms