The scientific committee of Cairo Water Week (CWW) welcomes abstracts from experts and researchers who wish to present their work during the technical the sessions of CWW.
The CWW will feature a wide range of opportunities for discussions, networking and exchange of knowledge on the subjects:
- Achieving SDGs under Water Scarcity
- Cooperation in Water Sector
- Research and Innovation in Facing Water Scarcity
- Climate Change Impacts, Mitigation and Adaptation
- Non-Conventional Water Resources Use under Scarcity Conditions
Scientific committee will chose number of papers to be nominated as best submission and to arrange for publishing good papers in a special issue of NWRC, NBCBN (details) Journals and /or other highly ranked journals.
Abstracts must be received via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The following is the timeline for submission, acceptance and confirmation of abstracts
31 March 2019
Abstract Submission deadline
15 May 2019
Notifications Submission deadline
1 July 2019
Official letter for final acceptance
15 Sep 2019
Receiving Oral or poster presentation
Guidelines for Title and Abstract
- English is the only language of the technical sessions.
- Fees are waived for participants with accepted abstracts.
- Title should be concise and to the point reflecting the contents of the abstract (10 words maximum).
- Abstract should include a brief description of the problem, the solution, and conclusions (250-300 words), Do not cite references in the abstract.
- Author(s) should Select the theme closest to his/their contribution.
- Abstract should be one paragraph, single spaced, ragged text, Times New Roman 12 pt, 2.5 cm left and right margins.
- Main author should provide a recent photograph along with a three-line biography.
- Abstracts cannot be changed or withdrawn after June 29, 2018.
- Presenter must confirm and register after receiving the acceptance notification and before July 29, 2018.
Abstracts must be received via email (email@example.com) in pdf format containing clear text, tables, charts, images, etc. for the review process.
Guidelines for Oral and Poster presentations
- For PowerPoint presentation, the following should be noticed:
- Maximum time allowed is 15 min
- Maximum no of slides 25
- For slides with text use 6×6 rule (six lines x six words)
- Graphical illustrations should be readable
- For Poster Presentation, the following should be noticed:
- Poster size is A0 (841×1189 mm)
- The poster is printed in portrait, not landscape format
- Print of title, authors, and affiliations is 3 cm, 2 cm, and 1 cm tall, respectively
- Poster contains contact information of the main author
- All materials on the poster should be easily readable from more than 1 m away
The three-point checklist for Abstracts:
- Make sure the title reflects the contents below
- Make sure you agree to Theme allocation after reading the abstract
- Make sure the above rules are followed, if not; write simple comments to improve.