The scientific committee of Cairo Water Week (CWW) welcomes abstracts from experts and researchers who wish to present their work during the technical sessions of CWW.
The CWW will feature a wide range of opportunities for discussions, networking and exchange of knowledge on the subjects:
- Water Security for sustainable development
- Cooperation for achieving water security
- Water- Energy-Food NEXUS
- Climate Change and Water Security
- Innovative solutions for water security
The following is the timeline for submission, acceptance and confirmation of abstracts
20 April 2020
Abstract Submission deadline
30 June 2020
Notifications on receiving the submitted abstracts
15 July 2020
Official letter for final acceptance
15 Sep 2020
Receiving Oral or poster presentation
Researchers and members of the scientific community are invited to submit extended abstracts of research work addressing one or more of the five themes of the Third Cairo Water Week (CWW3) for presentation in the technical sessions. The extended abstract should fulfill the following conditions:
- Extended abstract in English language should not exceed 500 words (single spaced, ragged text, Times New Roman 12 pt, 2.5 cm left and right margins, do not cite references in the abstract).
- Abstract should include problem definition, solution approach, findings and conclusions.
- Title should be concise and to the point reflecting the contents of the abstract (10 words maximum).
- Author(s) should clearly state at the top of their abstract the theme under which their contribution is submitted. Abstracts outside the scope of the CWW3 themes will be disregarded.
- Abstracts should be fully in English. Abstracts written in other languages will not be accepted.
- Only a single contribution (abstract) from each person whether as first author or co-author will be accepted.
- Papers previously published in journals are accepted if they were published within the past 3-years (older publications will be disregarded).
- Accepted abstracts of papers not published before will receive CWW3 support for publication in reputable journals subject to their conditions and acceptance.
- Main author should provide a recent photograph along with a five-line biography.
- Abstracts cannot be changed or withdrawn after June 29, 2020.
- Registration fees for CWW3 are waived for participants with accepted abstracts.
- Presenter (speaker) must confirm and register after receiving the acceptance notification and before July 29, 2020.
Guidelines for oral presentations:
- Presentation should be conducted in English.
- Maximum time allowed for presentation is 15 min.
- Presentation slides should be prepared using MS PowerPoint or compatible software.
- Maximum number of slides is 10.
- For slides with text, use the 6×6 rule (six lines x six words)
- Graphical illustrations should have readable font when displayed on the screen.
Guidelines for poster presentations:
- Poster size is A0 (841×1189 mm).
- The poster should be printed in portrait, not landscape format.
- Printed title, authors name, and affiliations should have a height of 3 cm, 2 cm, and 1 cm, respectively.
- Poster should contain contact information of the main author.
- All materials on the poster should be easily readable from more than 1 m away.