Day 5 Thursday, 2 November 2023: Integration of Climate and Water Policies with
National Sustainable Development Visions.
This day will highlight the integrated water and climate approach recognizing the role of water for
informed decision-making in climate change mitigation and adaptation action. Also, it will Link water
resources policies with national climate action to reflect climate change’s long-term impacts on water
resources and demand and to support preparedness and adaptation measures.
Under this day, the CWW will cover the topics:
- Water and climate synergies and integrated policies
- Institutional coherence and multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Governance of water resources and climate actions for sustainable development
- Promoting Nature Based Solutions to adapt to climate change impacts in coastal zones
- Floods management and rainwater harvesting for climate adaptation and food security