Head of The Experimental Fields and Pilot studies, Drainage Research Institute
- Hussein Karaman is the Head of The Experimental Fields and Pilot Studies Department Drainage Research Institute (DRI), National Water Research Center (NWRC), Egypt.
- Dr Karaman has more than 21 years now, working closely with teams of researchers and learned the value of a good teamwork in achieving best performance. He has a good experience in planning and implementing technical research on water resources management, hydrological systems and climate change in arid and semi-arid regions (including preparing technical and financial proposals, data collection, data analysis, results interpretation and reporting).
- Dr Karaman has more than 15 years of experience in formulating strategies and work plans with regard to the water resources management, water quality monitoring and water pollution control within the National Water Research Center in Cairo.
- In addition, Dr Karaman has been working as a lecturer for Engineers at Regional Centre for Training and Water Studies, Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation, Egypt, on water quality principles, environmental data analysis, interpretation, and technical writing.
- Dr Karaman has published more than 18 research papers in different reputable scientific Journals and Conferences.