FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION (FAO); IS STRONGLY INVOLVED IN THE 1ST CAIRO WATER WEEK
In the framework of the mutual cooperation between the Ministry of Water Resources & Irrigation and Food & Agriculture Organization
(FAO), it is agreed between the two sides to organize a number of events during the 1st Cairo Water Week. FAO contribution shall include a 1-day event on the FAO-Egypt partnership and half day on Drought Insurance. the sessions will be held in cooperation with a number of other regional and international organization and will cover the following topics: Solar powered irrigation; Building a smart water future: count and account for water; Saving efficiency and productivity of water for sustainable agriculture; Drought risk insurance: possibilities and challenges and Drought management: enhancing capabilities in MENA region through international experience sharing.
- Evaluation workshop for the second national competition for water conservation
- Discuss the preparations for the High level Meeting for the joint committee on Water and Agriculture
- ESCWA (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia) is a new partner to Cairo Water Week
- The second phase of the national competition for water conservation.
- the winners of the first place in the IBM competition ” Code and Response “