- 18 OctCWW2020 OPENING SPEECH – Speech of Dr. Mohamed Abdel-Aty Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation
- 18 OctCWW2020 OPENING SPEECH – Speech of Mr. Loïc Fauchon President of the World Water Council
- 10 OctCWW2020 Final Announcement
- 03 SepThe Best Graduation Project Competition submission deadline extended to 10 Sep 2020.
- 20 AugThe Three-Minute Thesis Competition deadline extended
- 16 AugCWW2020 will be a Semi-virtual
- 13 AugThe Best Graduation Project Competition submission deadline extended to 1 Sep 2020.
- 04 JulThe Best Graduation Project Competition deadline extended
- 20 AprCall for Abstracts Deadline extended
Cairo Water Week 18th-22nd October, 2020
President of the World Water Council
The World Water Council is proud and honoured to be a long-lasting partner of the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation of the Arab Republic of Egypt for the Cairo Water Week, since its creation.
The World Water Council wishes to support the great initiative of the 3rd Cairo Water Week, as a very valuable milestone on the road to the next World Water Forum.
The main theme of the Conference is “Water Security for Peace and Development in Arid Regions”.
It is indeed the real challenge in the Mediterranean region and the millennial experience of Egypt is most appreciated.
Water security is defined as the capacity to provide access to water and sanitation to all populations, in adequate quantity and quality to ensure sustainable and equitable development.
Water is a life insurance and it is key for the development of humans and nature on our planet.
We need to contract a “Five Fingers Alliance” to provide adequate access to water, sanitation, energy, health and education for all of us.It is a difficult objective which needs a joint involvement at all decision levels – political, technical and civil society.
The solutions, showcases and experiments to be presented in the different sessions of the 3rd Cairo water Week will provide some of the most useful responses to the international community.
Thank you to H.E Dr Mohammed Abdel Aty, Minister of Water Resources and Irrigation of the Arab Republic of Egypt for this very useful contribution.