The Cairo Water Week Journalist Grant aims to build capacity in water-related issues among journalists active in developing countries, thereby creating potential for raised awareness among large audiences of listeners and viewers. In the long term, a raised level of water knowledge in the journalist corps will contribute to influencing key decision- and policy makers in water and development issues.
The submission for Cairo Water Week Journalist Grant 2018 (deadline is 30 July)
Through the Cairo Water Week Journalist Grant, we offer journalists from low income nations the opportunity to visit Cairo and report on Cairo Water Week.
Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation offers five journalists from low income nations the opportunity to visit Cairo Water Week which takes place in Egypt between 14 – 18 October.
Cairo Water Week Journalist Grant covers
- Round-trip air ticket to Cairo, Egypt.
- Transport between airport and hotel on arrival and departure
- Full week registration fee for Cairo Water Week
- Certain social events during Cairo Water Week
- Hotel stay during Cairo Water Week
- Meals on half board during Cairo Water Week
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must be a citizen of a nation listed as a low-income country by the World Bank.
- You must be an employee of a media outlet (newspaper, magazine, radio, TV,) or be able to show proof of continuous freelance journalism activities during the past three years.
- You must have a documented interest in water and water-related issues.