The Cairo Water Week Journalist Grant aims to build capacity in water-related issues among journalists active in developing countries, thereby creating a potential for raised awareness among large audiences of listeners and viewers. Eventually, a raised level of water knowledge amongst journalist will contribute to steer the public opinion towards water issues and influence key decision- and policy makers in water and development issues.
The submission deadline for Journalist Grant is 30 May 2019
Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation offers five journalists from low-income countries the opportunity to attend and report on Cairo Water Week which takes place in Egypt between 20– 24 October 2019.
Cairo Water Week Journalist Grant covers
- Round-trip air ticket to Cairo, Egypt.
- Transport between airport and hotel on arrival and departure
- Full week registration fee for Cairo Water Week
- Certain social events during Cairo Water Week
- Hotel stay during Cairo Water Week
- Meals on half board during Cairo Water Week
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must be a citizen of a nation listed as a low-income country by the World Bank.
- You must be an employee of a media outlet (newspaper, magazine, radio, TV,) or be able to show proof of continuous freelance journalism activities during the past three years.
- You must have a documented interest in water and water-related issues.