the winners of the first place in the IBM competition ” Code and Response “
Young Professionals and Innovators activities are a very important part of the activities that will be organized under the 5th theme of Cairo Water Week 2019 ” #Research and #Innovation “.
This was the motivation for cooperation between CWW2019 Organizing Committee, the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation and #IBM in the #Hackathon organized by the company under the title ” Code and Response ” and attended by representatives of CWW and MWRI as a member of the Evaluation and Judgment Committee to encourage the participants to create applications and find solutions for water resources problems and challenges in Egypt.
Following our previous coverage to the Hackathon activities; Yesterday, H.E. the Minister and the Chairman of the Higher Committee for CWW met the winners of the first place in the competition at his office to discuss the idea of their project. The young innovators have developed a mobile application to encourage users to rationalize water use, reduce consumption and reduce water loses, if the user collected a certain number of points he/she will be given a promotion code for a discount on a service or commodity. H.E. the Minister suggested some modifications on the mobile application and he decided to present the project on a special session during CWW.
The meeting was attended by Dr. Eman Sayed, Head of Planning Sector and Dr. Ayman El Sayed, Head of Monitoring, Communication, Information and Assets Sector
Explore more about this project and other young professional innovations during Cairo Water Week 2019 different sessions.
- Evaluation workshop for the second national competition for water conservation
- Discuss the preparations for the High level Meeting for the joint committee on Water and Agriculture
- ESCWA (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia) is a new partner to Cairo Water Week
- The second phase of the national competition for water conservation.
- the winners of the first place in the IBM competition ” Code and Response “