WS2.2 Governance & Strategic Planning
Convener (s): Washington state university
Co-conveners: AUC, Alexandria University
Brief description: Participants will actively participate to
- Develop the AWR-CoE mission statement
- Discuss administrative and staffing needs as well as policies and procedures to successfully and sustainably pursue the Center’s mission
- Identify key elements required for a strong short- and long-term strategic plan
- Exchange ideas, tools, and methods for governing centers and pursuing collaborative research and education projects
- Develop agreements for partner institution cooperation, resource sharing, and shared governance.
Expected outcomes: Outcomes from this session will include:
- Improved knowledge about academic or center-related governance mechanisms appropriate for a National Water Center.
- Plans for new strategies or policies that promote and facilitate collaboration among partner universities to strengthen water education and research for Egypt.
- Innovative ideas and plans for lasting financial and personnel investment in the short- and long-term future.
- Draft documents outlining the COE mission and strategic plan that are consistent with University and MOHESR guidelines and rules.