CWW invites public and private Egyptian universities to nominate graduate students (MSc and PhD students) for participation in the CWW 3MT competition.
- Subject of thesis should be relevant to and in-line with the CWW2020 themes.
- Participation is restricted to graduate students
- No age restriction would be enforced.
- Priority is given to universities in the Arab region and Africa.
- If selected for a screening interview, the student should prepare a single MS PowerPoint slide and conduct a 3-minute presentation.
- Presentations may be delivered in Arabic or English.
- The PowerPoint slide should be simple and should show only essential information about the student’s research.
The deadline for submission has been extended to 1st Sep, 2020 (In your email, include a brief bio, affiliation, contact information, title of thesis, and abstract.)
For submission please contact: email@example.com
Applicants working on theses relevant to the CWW themes will be notified via email , and will be asked to deliver their 3-minute presentations to the CWW Scientific Committee. Successful applicants who receive approval from the Scientific Committee will be invited to participate in the 3MT competition during the Cairo Water Week.
- If your presentation provides an understanding of the background and significance of the research question.
- The presentation Show results/impact and outcomes.
- Presenting with a clear and logical sequence.
- A single static slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description are allowed.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- To be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
- Should use simple language as many of the audience are non-technical
- The three minutes will be counted as soon as the participant start talking or moving
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.