CWW invites public and private Egyptian universities to nominate graduate students (MSc and PhD students) for participation in the CWW 3MT competition.
- Subject of thesis should be relevant to and in-line with the CWW2020 themes.
- Participation is restricted to graduate students
- No age restriction would be enforced.
- Priority is given to universities in the Arab region and Africa.
- If selected for a screening interview, the student should prepare a single MS PowerPoint slide and conduct a 3-minute presentation.
- Presentations may be delivered in Arabic or English.
- The PowerPoint slide should be simple and should show only essential information about the student’s research.
The deadline for submission is 1st June, 2020 (In your email, include a brief bio, affiliation, contact information, title of thesis, and abstract.)
For submission please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants working on theses relevant to the CWW themes will be notified via email by 1ST August 2020, and will be asked to deliver their 3-minute presentations to the CWW Scientific Committee. Successful applicants who receive approval from the Scientific Committee will be invited to participate in the 3MT competition during the Cairo Water Week.
- If your presentation provides an understanding of the background and significance of the research question.
- The presentation Show results/impact and outcomes.
- Presenting with a clear and logical sequence.
- A single static slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations or ‘movement’ of any description are allowed.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- Limited to 3 minutes maximum and competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- To be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps or songs).
- Should use simple language as many of the audience are non-technical
- The three minutes will be counted as soon as the participant start talking or moving
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.