CWW2021 invites public and private Egyptian universities to nominate graduate students (MSc and PhD students) for participation in the CWW 3MT competition.
- The subject of the thesis should be relevant to and in-line with the CWW2021 themes.
- Applicant is a graduate student who:
- Is about to finish writing his dissertation and has already reached the study conclusions, or
- Has already finished his MSc or PhD study no more than a year ago.
- Applicant will include a brief bio, affiliation, contact information, title of the thesis, and abstract in his application.
- No age restriction would be enforced.
- Successful applicant will be notified via email and will be asked to deliver their 3-minute thesis (3MT) presentation to the CWW Scientific Committee and will be invited to participate in the 3MT competition during the Cairo Water Week.
The deadline 30th June, 2021
For submission please contact: email@example.com
The Judging Criteria will be as follows:
- Does the presentation provide an understanding of the background and significance of the research question?
- Does the presentation show results/impact and outcomes?
- Does the presentation have a clear and logical sequence?
The 3MT presentation shall follow the following guidelines:
- Presentation should be delivered in English and is Limited to 3 minutes maximum.
- Competitors exceeding 3 minutes are disqualified.
- A single static slide is permitted. No slide transitions, animations, or movement of any description are allowed.
- No additional electronic media (e.g. sound and video files) are permitted.
- The PowerPoint slide should be simple and should show only essential information about the student’s research.
- No additional props (e.g. costumes, musical instruments, and laboratory equipment) are permitted.
- To be spoken word (e.g. no poems, raps, or songs).
- Should use simple language as many of the audience are non-technical.
- The three minutes will be counted as soon as the participant start talking or moving.
- The decision of the adjudicating panel is final.